NOTICE TO USERS/SUBSCRIBERS:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE CREATING, USING, OR ACCESSING A TEACHERWEB® SITE. ANY USE OF THE TEACHERWEB® SERVICE, INCLUDING THE CREATION, USE, OR ACCESS OF ANY TEACHERWEB® SITE OR ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY TEACHERWEB®, WILL SIGNIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THE "AGREEMENT"), WHICH INCLUDES TEACHERWEB®'S SECURITY AND PRIVACY POLICIES, AND WILL CONFIRM YOUR UNCONDITIONAL CONSENT TO BE BOUND BY THE AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE POSTED AGREEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT CREATE OR USE A TEACHERWEB® SITE, OR OTHERWISE USE THE SERVICE. TEACHERWEB® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE AGREEMENT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT "TEACHERWEB®" IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF TEACHERWEB®, INC.
TeacherWeb® Security Policy for MyTeacherWeb.com
MyTeacherWeb.com is a service and type of site from TeacherWeb.
TeacherWeb, Inc. ("TeacherWeb") places significant emphasis on the security and safety of our systems. As part of this effort, TeacherWeb has included multiple security features into our design. TeacherWeb regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies and incorporates them as it deems necessary to constantly improve our overall capabilities. Here are some of the security features we employ:
- TeacherWeb requires new TeacherWeb® sites to use strong passwords consisting of at least 8 characters and both letters and numbers.
- TeacherWeb allows subscribers to change their password at any time through a "change password" facility and the strong password is required.
- TeacherWeb sends the password only to the registered email address through our "forgot password" feature.
- TeacherWeb maintains various information, including passwords, in an encrypted format.
- TeacherWeb requires login access to the MyTeacherWeb.com service.
- TeacherWeb proactively monitors and may, but is not obligated to, remove any posted content that does not conform to our policies or may be deemed objectionable.
- TeacherWeb will respond to all inquiries on copyright and trademark violations, plagiarism, and individual website compromises.
- TeacherWeb fully cooperates as necessary and appropriate in all government inquiries and law enforcement matters.
- TeacherWeb actively monitors its servers and systems for suspicious activity and responds as necessary and appropriate.
TeacherWeb's policies and practices are designed to minimize the possibility of an individual TeacherWeb® site being compromised. In case of a school account on an account code, TeacherWeb reserves right to share with the school contacts any and all information related to a participating teacher's site.
Securities of passwords are the responsibility of the the party that subscribes to the TeacherWeb® service. Subscribers should follow best practices regarding password security and not share their password at any time or write down their password in any location that can be seen by others. Accordingly, subscribers should change their password on a regular basis and at anytime that they believe it might be compromised.
TeacherWeb takes security and information protection seriously while consistently striving for improvement. TeacherWeb regularly reviews its policies and practices and reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. We will post any changes here, so be sure to check back periodically.
While TeacherWeb takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your private information, except as may be required by law, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL TEACHERWEB® OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY'S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER TEACHERWEB® WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
This Security Policy is subject to TeacherWeb's Terms and Conditions (http://www.myteacherweb.com/TermsAndConditions.aspx ). In the event of any conflict between this Security Policy and TeacherWeb's Terms and Conditions, TeacherWeb's Terms and Conditions shall govern.